Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Molela Terracottas (New Delhi)

I found some images of these terracotta plaques that look like tile to me. Anyway you slice it, it serves as another example of how great the ceramic medium is! Once an original is made, it can be cast and voila! 3-d tile repeated and able to be manufactured in multiples. I love the idea of going 3-d to this level with tile. Our use of space is not as constricting as it once was traditionally, so tile like this can applied without being in the way of the function that it serves, and possibly be re-interpreted to have new function because of its deminsionality. The possiblities are so exciting.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Sir

    I am dokka srinivasu of Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh State, India.

    Sir i am interested in Indian Heritage and Culture.

    Sir i am collecting vintage post cards relating to Indian Heritage and Culture and sharing them in my Heritage of India blog.

    Sir this is my Heritage of India blog.

    http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/

    Sir just now i am sharing one message in my Heritage of India blog with the tile "Molela Potters and their Terracotta Plaques".

    Sir this is link for this message.

    http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2013/01/molela-potters-and-their-terracotta.html

    Sir please look into this message and share your comments about my Heritage of India blog.

    ReplyDelete