Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ceramique de Picasso

I share a birthday with Picasso! Oct. 25th. In turn, he has been a HUGE influence on me as an artist and secretly I sometimes catch myself believing that I am his reincarnate. It was late in his career that he teamed up with the hot-shops of Vallarius in Southern France and he would make regular visits. I love the freedom with which he creates on ceramic pieces. The firing process seems to marry well with his Spanish soul and embellish his themes with an everlasting presence of passion and primordial essence. It's Picasso's carefree spirit that I was wanting to bring to my blog that examples, again the great versatility that I love about tile.















I dream of owning a Picasso plate for my art collection. Aren't they great!?!






No comments:

Post a Comment